A video of a 25-year-old woman arguing with security personnel in Ladakh has gone viral on social media, sparking a heated debate over the behaviour of tourists towards the armed forces.
The incident reportedly took place near the Minimarg check post in the Dras area around July 25–26, during heightened security arrangements linked to Kargil Vijay Diwas. Traffic on the Minimarg–Zoji La–Sonamarg route had been temporarily restricted for security reasons.
In the viral video, the woman can be seen questioning security personnel over the road closure and the movement of some vehicles. She also refers to herself and others as “Gen Z” while expressing anger over the prolonged wait. The video triggered strong reactions online, with many users criticising her conduct towards the security personnel.
However, the woman has now apologised to the Indian Army, Jammu & Kashmir Police and Ladakh Police. She said she had been frustrated after waiting for several hours without clearly knowing the reason for the road closure. She also clarified that she never intended to insult the Army or gain publicity from the incident.
The woman reportedly said that she has great respect for the Indian Army and regrets the words she used during the confrontation.
The incident has once again sparked a larger conversation on tourist behaviour, security protocols and the need to respect restrictions in sensitive border areas. While travellers may have genuine concerns about delays, security officials often impose temporary restrictions because of operational and safety requirements.
The viral episode has now




